The Global Alliance for the promotion of fruit and vegetable consumption “5 a day” – (AIAM5) is a non-profit Forum of International Collaboration with non-legal status of its own, gathering national associations promoting consumption of fruit and vegetables.
AIAM5 aims to create a powerful international network to promote and support efforts to increase consumption of fruit and vegetables by providing its members with up-to-date information, support resources, and other communication tools to help members operate and communicate their shared messages and experiences efficiently and effectively.
Our motto: “More fruit and vegetables, the best choice for your health”
Support national initiatives, promote efficiencies, facilitate collaboration on shared aims and provide global leadership in:
- Support, sustain, protect, enhance and create programs such as “5 a day”.
- Increase consumption of fruit and vegetables in world population within the framework of a healthy diet.
- Bring together entities promoting fruit and vegetable consumption.
- Promote and value the biodiversity, sustainable systems, environmentally friendly for production and distribution.
What do we do?
- Collect and Share Best Practices in communication, education, training and information about the promotion of fruit and vegetable
- Suggest and support the Food and Nutrition Education in school as a priority for health promotion.
- Collaborate with local, national and international organizations that are aligned with the goals of the Alliance
- Develop benchmark evidence-based documents to help partners to promote the consumption of fruit and vegetables, in a manner adapted to the cultural and socio-economic environments
- Organize conferences, meetings, and other events to exchange projects, experiences and knowledge around fruit and vegetables
- Disseminate statements and resolutions adopted and developed in the framework of the International Conferences organized by the Alliance.
- Disseminate “The Global F & V Newsletter” which is distributed in 29 countries.
It can be a full member one association by country, representing nationwide the promotion of fruit and vegetables consumption, which is registered as a legal entity named or not “5 a day”. The membership does not involve any fee.
It can be a collaborating partner any national entities which are in the creation process of an association such as “5 a day”, members of Allied international organizations through an agreement with AIAM5, or any and others who share the goals of the Alliance.
All members are entitled to participate in AIAM5 activities, attend its meetings and receive notices of such meetings, although just full member are the right to vote.
In the General Assembly held in Mexico in 2015, the 26 partners approved the implementation of a roadmap towards a Global Alliance to achieve the following objectives:
- Support and influence national governments and international organizations.
- Improve food and nutrition security of the population.
- Help other countries to establish national institutions for the promotion of fruit and vegetables consumption.
- Develop and disseminate scientific evidence on the role of fruit and vegetables and health.
- Improve access to fruit and vegetables and increase their consumption throughout the population.
- Recruit new members that strengthen the Alliance.
- Positioning AIAM5 as a world reference in promoting fruit and vegetable consumption.
To achieve these goals, four working group have been created focused on:
- Having the ability to influence.
- Improving communication within and outside the Alliance.
- Grouped the largest number of active, solid and stable allies.
- Ensure that AIAM5 meets the expectations of all its partners.
“We trust that you can work with us and join this exciting workforce toward a Global Network for promotion of fruit and vegetables”
Contact - Manuel Moñino - firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook @AIAM5 /Twitter @AIAM5_